Check By State
Free Vehicle History – Search by VIN or License Plate
Buy any used car from anywhere in the United States with confidence. Thanks Khủng the vast network of sources in the government và the tự động industry. VINCheck. info taps into this network mập give you access lớn a thorough VIN kiểm tra không lấy phí of charge .Run a Free Vehicle Report: Check out vehicle-related statistics in your state or your target vehicle’s state of origin. Click on a specific state on the maps below :
The bản đồ above also shows how the rate of motor vehicle theft varies across the country .
Buying a Used Car: What Are the Critical Areas to Watch Out For?
- Buyer’s claims versus actual history
Compare the seller’s claims against the actual records. A clean-titled car in one state may have a crash, flood damage or theft history in another state .
- Risks in some cities and states to problems related to vehicle condition
A state or đô thị can be vulnerable bự disasters, tự động theft or accident. Scheming sellers can offer cars stolen in another state. What are your chances of buying a stolen car from New Mexico, for example ?The maps below shows 10 states with the highest flood-related disaster declarations. Two coastal states are on the danh sách : Alabama và Mississippi. Observe that most of the major flooding happened inland. Is avoiding sellers from these states enough ? No, devious sellers have a way of selling cars with a bad past in other states .
- Vehicles from fatal crashes can get a second chance in the resale market
The table below shows the states with the most và least number of vehicle fatalities in năm nay. Ruthless sellers can rebuild any of these vehicles béo hide their tragic past .
Fatalities by State, Passenger Cars and Light Trucks, 2016
- State Variations in Title Branding Designation and Criteria
Used car buyers should consider tiêu đề brands as important factors because :
- Brands alert future owners on damages due to a crash, disaster or theft.
- A state may have its own set of title brands or specific statutory regulations on branding.
- Auto insurers may decide the criteria to declare salvage status
One state may use the “ rebuilt ” brand for a salvaged vehicle that has been rebuilt or restored. Another state may use the general “ salvage ” brand for a vehicle with the same condition .
- Reselling of flood-damaged vehicles
In 2017, two of the costliest hurricanes in US history devastated the states of Florida and Texas. How did Hurricanes Harvey and Irma impact the used car industry?
- Over 17,000 flood-damaged cars re-enter the resale market every week.
- Twenty-three percent (23%) end up in the hands of new owners.
- Both states mandate branding of affected cars as flood-damaged.
- Some flood-damaged cars are “title-washed” and sent to another state with clean titles.
- Title washing takes advantage of the lack of consistency in regulations governing flooded cars.
- State Differences in Auto Insurance Laws
- Liability for medical bills and lost earnings due to a crash:
- In no-fault states, the insurer covers it regardless of who was at fault.
- Other states may require auto owners to have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance.
- For car repairs, all states require that the at-fault driver pay the cost.
- Auto insurance requirement
- Most states require car owners to have auto insurance.
- New Hampshire and Virginia don’t require it, but the driver who is at fault would be liable.
- Most states offer other options such as bonds or cash deposits.
- Total loss threshold for designating “salvage” status
- Thresholds range from 50 to 100 percent. (See table below)
- Damage totaling 50 percent of the car’s value is a total loss in Iowa.
- In Texas, the threshold is 100 percent.
- States with no specific threshold use the total loss formula.
- TLF includes the cost of repairs, scrap value, and pre-accident value.
Total Loss Threshold Across the United States
VIN Check By State Resources
The VinCheck. info vehicle history báo cáo is a great công cụ mập know the đầy đủ story on any car. You can bởi vì this wherever you are và wherever the car comes from. Our 100 % không lấy phí VIN kiểm tra scans và cross-checks vehicle records from different parts of the country .Visit our VIN Check by State pages lớn access some basic resources that you may need béo evaluate your options better :For your state-specific concerns
- Vehicle Title Request
- Statistics on Accidents
- Thefts and Disasters
- State Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV)
- Emissions and Safety Inspection Locations
For your vehicle-specific concerns
- Vehicle Safety Ratings
- Vehicle Recalls by VIN
- Automotive Market Values
- Automotive Reviews.
Leave a Comment